New Year Resolutions may be all about detoxing the body, but decluttering your home and establishing some good habits help keep our house & family in order for the whole year
Here are a few strategies to keep us on track:
1. Get into the habit of “finishing the cycle”. For example when we have finished using an item – put it away.
2. Clear flat surfaces – such as benches, tables, floors and chairs – first.
3. Throw away newspapers once a week, every week.
4. If you have items that don’t belong to you, return NOW.
5. Make your bed every day – a tidy bedroom kick starts your day.
6. Try to tackle chores as they occur, such as doing the dishes immediately after dinner.
These small changes in behaviour are worth a try, and will go a long way to keeping us organised. Challenge yourself & and a family member by trying just one.
People who live in restful organised environments, experience far lower levels of stress, and higher levels of happiness.